Thursday, May 19, 2011
Now, I am not gifted with long, thick, floor swipping lashes, SOOO
I decided to get a set of Eyelash Extensions. I read about them online and despite all the negative comments I decided to go ahead with them. HUGE MISTAKE!!!
I got them about 2 weeks ago, and spend a load of money to make sure I get the most natural looking and longest lasting lashes on the market. pfff.......... load of crap.
First, they didn't look that natural, so when I came back home I had to grab a pair of scissors and cut them around the corners.
Second, everytime I took a shower, water dissolved a little bit of the glue used to attach the fake lashes to my natural ones, leading to a strong sensation in my poor eyes :'(
Last, now, only after 2 weeks about 90% of them have fallen out, but that's not the worst part, THEY HAVE TAKEN MY NATURAL LASHES WITH THEM :"(
Being Curious and Stubborn is proving sooo painful now.
I just picked up a box of Latisse Eyelash Enhancers from a nearbye beauty clinic, apparently application of this product makes a huge difference. Hope this one is not load of empty promise :S
Saturday, November 6, 2010
I haven't been here forever. I have been super busy with work and studying for GMAT!!
Now, I need some sexy me time. mm.... where do I start from?
- hire a handsome personal trainer to push me into going to the gym. I hate going to the gym with a passion, but I guess a hot personal trainer could be a great motivation.
- My new obsession is hunting for the perfect color contacts. I bought my first pair: Freshlook Color blend in grey, looks good but could be much better and natural looking. My natural eye color is light brown/hazel, so if a color contact looks not that natural in my eyes, I have no idea how horrible it may look on someone with dark brown eyes. SO ATTENSIONE!! come back for color contact reviews.
- STYLE!!!!! I need some new items in my wordrobe:
- to die for brown knee high boots
- leopard leggings
- leather leggings
- a pair of pointy Christian Louboutin heels in black (and beige if I don't go absolutely bankrupt)
- some work out clothes, I have none, and I hate spending money on them :S
- a pair of flat black shoes. Something simple but very classy. mm...
- oh, and a leopard scarf :)
4. and last but not least, take care of my nails. maybe get a set of biogels.
mmmmm..... I love being sexy!!
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
There are not enough words for me to express my love for glowing Bronze skin. A nice tan can take someone from average to HOT, just like that!
I have been on the look for good self tanning products for, ummm, the last 9 years or so.
some worked better than other but up until 2 weeks ago there wasn't really any self tanning product that could make me totally happy. Some of them were good in term of the color they gave my skin but then they would stink, and if I wasn't really really careful, they would leave my skin with streaks, NOT SEXY!!
Anyway, I came across a review on Famous Dave's Dark Tanning Mousse. The comments were unbelievably great, and so I knew that I had to order it. There is only one place that carries it and it is in LONDON, England. I ordered mine from their ebay store.
- It doesn't stink!! (it will stink only if you don't take a shower within 24 hours of application, sure that will never happen, lol)
- It has a chocolate color so you know where you are applying it and how much.
- the COLOR, I love it!! it is like CHOCOLATE, yummy!!
Make sure that for the first time you order the "Mousse and Mitt" package, MITT is a MUST. The spongy mitt that comes in the package makes the application really easy.
Monday, May 17, 2010
well, not anymore!! Print this image right now and tape it on the mirror, on the fridge, or wherever that works best for you!!
Everytime you feel that you lack motivation to work out, just take a look at these beauties. You will find plenty of reasons and motivation to move your sexy bum and start working out.
ps. I have made this collage myself, LOVE it so much!
Thursday, May 13, 2010
I read in a book a while back that 50% of a person's credibility comes from his/her look. We might at first want to argue that this statement is very shallow and narrow minded, but if we take a closer, honest look at our day to day life we can see how this "credibility and look" theory applies to even us.
I would like to add something to this statement:
MORE than 50% of a girl's sex appeal at first sight comes from her look, lol...
Follow these steps and you will be THE FASHION ICON of your dreams in no time:
1- you have to find out what style is the most appealing to YOU. for example: Victoria beckham and Kim Kardashian are both very great fashionistas but their styles are TOTALLy different. to find YOUR STYLE you have to try to see as many styles as possible, and that's very easy:
- open up an account in polyvore: http://www.polyvore.com/, every time you see a set that you really love, LIKE it, so it can end up in your favorite sets. after a while, you can go through your favorite sets and get an idea what overall Style appeals to you the most.
- get subscription to People Magazine "Style Watch". this is truly the best source to stay current with the trends, and also another great source for finding your favorite styles.
2- Now it is time to put the pieces together and create outfits that you are madly in love with. Look carefully at every single item in your wardrobe, the chances are that you already have many of the items you need.
And remember, one thing that really helps is to declutter your wardrobe, Don't hang on to any thing JUST BECAUSE, get rid of all those items that you haven't worn in a year, the chances are that you will never wear them again.
3- NOw you know your style, and you know the pieces missing to create your perfect outfits, all you have to do is to go SHOPPING. here are a few pointers:
- try to drop by as many stores as you can. This is the best and only way to find out what styles you can find in each store. After a few visits you can narrow down your selection of "to shop at" stores.
- before going on a shopping spree make sure to visit the stores' websites. It really helps!
- when you enter a store try to maintain an open mind. Don't be disappointed if you don't find anything in the first few racks, you might be blown away by what you can find in the very last rack, so DON'T GIVE UP.
- when you pick up an item try to imagine how it can contribute to your desired style. if you find it cute but you can't really find any use for it, LEAVE it there, buying it would be a waste of money and wardrobe space.
That's it, AND remember: becoming a Fshionista takes time and patience!
Congradulations, You are now on your way to becoming a FASHIOnistA :)
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Being the crazy fitness/yoga maniac that my cousin is, she suggested that I look into face exercising, a field totally new to me.
I did some research on the web and found some useful reviews. One face excercise program that was the most talked about was Carole Maggio's Facercise. Carole Magio has come up with an excercise routine that targets all facial muscles. The program overview and all the comments sounded so promising that I decided to order her Facercise DVDs.
My opinion: I think her approach is very scientific and if the routines are followed properly I think one can achieve phenomenal results. However, I found the excercises to be a little too difficult to follow.
The only excercise that I needed was the nose excercise which was freely available on the internet, see 2:40 on this youtube video.
I have been doing this nose excercise for the last few months and I am extremely happy with the results.
Monday, May 10, 2010
I don't know how I had never paid attention but the quotes on the bag are simply awesome.
I read a lot and sometimes it is hard to find these many wise words in an entire book.
I was really surprised. I googled "lululemon bags" and was directed to this link:
Apparently the bag is part of a well-being culture that Lululemon is trying to promote.
I think the bag and the whole concepth behind it are just GENIOUS!! Love LOve LOVE it!!